Rajnikanth is one of the greatest superstar legends India has ever seen. He has millions of fans worldwide who love him unconditionally. Superstar Rajnikanth, who was once a bus conductor has decided to enter politics with a dream to bring change as the death of AIADMK’s iconic leader J Jayalalithaa last December is seen to have left a vacuum in the state’s politics.
“I will do my duty… it is time. We will change the system,” the 67-year-old declared in Chennai, saying he would form a new party. Here are some highlights from his announcement.
1. Rajinikanth said his party will contest all 234 seats of the state in the next assembly elections in 2021.
2. Rajnikanth said his party would resign if it was unable to fulfill its electoral promises within three years of coming into power.
3. Rajnikanth said that he was not entering politics for money or position. He said, “I am not entering politics for post or position. if I had wanted it, I would have got it in 1996 itself. If at the age of 45 I had not aspired for that, why would I do it at the age of 68?”
4. The superstar said, “My politics will be based on spirituality, not on religion or caste.”
5. “The whole thing has to change. The system has to change. Democracy has been corrupted. It needs to be cleansed,” he added.
6. “From the days of kings and rulers looting other countries and kingdoms, we have come to a level where rulers are looting their own country,” said Rajinikanth.
7. “This is not a film. This is politics. We have to spread ourselves to every street in the street,” the actor said.
Rajnikanth fans are very happy with their superstar entering politics and they are celebrating it too.